Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave04

Ok I need some input on what I should do.

5 years ago I was charged with 2 counts of underage cunsumption. I was 20 at the time I am now 25 I have moved away from where I was living at the time of the charges. I understand I have an outstanding warrent for my arrest. The deparment of motor vehicles sent me a letter saying I couldnt get anything issued in my name untill the case was taking care of. I am now wondering what I can do 5 years later I wish to get this issue put behind me. I do not feel like going to jail though. Is thier anything I can do, Or do I have to go back there and take care of this issue. Is thier a statue of limitations on this misdomeanor charge of underage consumption? Like I said I am 25 now and I really dont feel like going to jail for underage consumption. I know the judge doesnt like me because I have been in front of him before for the same charges and sent to jail everytime but that was back then. Anything I could do to take care of the charges without going back there? I have also had a freind that is a sheriff run my name on the computer at the sheriffs dept. and nothing came back for a warrant, but I know I have a warrant because the department of motor vehicles sent me that letter a few years ago, Back about a year after I left town. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
There is no statute of limitations that applies to the prosecution of a case if the defendant is evading prosecution. It wouldnt' make sense or else everyone would go into hiding and wait until the time period is over. I think the best you could do is turn yourself in but be prepared before you do. Perhaps getting an attorney who will handle the case for you might be a good idea. You were young at the time and the violations are relatively innocuous and perhaps it might be handled better than expected and no jail time. Probation maybe. But that can be answered better by a local attorney who deals in your area and knows the way it's handled there.

Originally posted by dave04
Ok I need some input on what I should do.

5 years ago I was charged with 2 counts of underage cunsumption. I was 20 at the time I am now 25 I have moved away from where I was living at the time of the charges. I understand I have an outstanding warrent for my arrest. The deparment of motor vehicles sent me a letter saying I couldnt get anything issued in my name untill the case was taking care of. I am now wondering what I can do 5 years later I wish to get this issue put behind me. I do not feel like going to jail though. Is thier anything I can do, Or do I have to go back there and take care of this issue. Is thier a statue of limitations on this misdomeanor charge of underage consumption? Like I said I am 25 now and I really dont feel like going to jail for underage consumption. I know the judge doesnt like me because I have been in front of him before for the same charges and sent to jail everytime but that was back then. Anything I could do to take care of the charges without going back there? I have also had a freind that is a sheriff run my name on the computer at the sheriffs dept. and nothing came back for a warrant, but I know I have a warrant because the department of motor vehicles sent me that letter a few years ago, Back about a year after I left town. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back