What can I do about son be bullied at school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBee85

I believe my son has been bullied in school for some time now. He is 9 years old and in 3rd grade as we speak. In kindergarden He was riding the bus home and he came off the bus crying with a black eye and a shoe print on his right side of the face. I have pictures to prove it. My husband and I went to the school to talk to the principal about it and she had told us that they had looked over the video and found that Gavin had poked the kid who did it to him. The kid is a bit older. They would not let us see the video or tell us who may have done it. 1st Grade he started hating school. 2nd grade he had issues with others as well and the teacher had this idea that it was a good idea for other kids to tap each other on the shoulder then talking. My son claims a lot of time he would not be talking and kids would still do it. I talked to the teacher and still nothing. 3rd grade is here and almost over. At the beginning of this year his grades were down but then he braught them up to A's and B's! Well I start getting phone calls from the principal about something bad my son has done. My son has also been in ISS with out me knowing it and I found out by another child in the neighborhood. Well Recently I got a phone call that my son was hitting himself because he is was the Gym and he tried to tell the teacher he couldnt set next to 2 other sudents because they get him in trouble and yell at him the teacher would not even let him explain and tells him to set. He wouldnt and gets sent to the office and gets upset when the principal would not let him explain as well. He starts hitting himself. I get the call and was told DFS was going to be called if he continues with this kind of behavior. I went to go pick him up and found him in an empty room by himself walls and floors carpeted and one bathroom and a bing bag. He was crying and told me he tried to tell them he could not set next to the students because they get him in trouble and he is trying to be good but no one is listening to him. The principal then comes in saying that the teacher told her if he would have known about my son setting not to the students he would have moved him. My son tried to tell her and she put up her fingers to tell him to be quiet she would not let him explain his side. I take him home and was told to keep him home the next day missing his field trip. ONE week later i get another call saying 2 girls have told her that my son said he was going to kill them and called them the B word. my son had told me about this issue the night before i had recieved the phone call. He told me 2 girls thought it would be funny to lie about saying the F word to get him in trouble. I called the principal back to let her know what happened and she said well there are 2 kids who told her the same storie that my son had said these things. I then tell her she needs to let him explain himself too. But anyways all in all. My son since kindergarden has come home from school with black eyes shoe prints hating himself and hating school stating no one likes him and everyone is mean to him. He has had to scrub walls for just touching he has came home with ripped clothes and also has to walk him whole recess and has been excluded from school activies he has to set alone away from other students and when he is in the office he has to stay in an empty room like this similar to a holding cell ... He claims he feels like he is in jail when he is at school and does not want to go back. What do I do?

Most parents would meet with the teacher, the principal, and/or the superintendent.

The last resort would be to speak at a school board meeting.

It might also be a good idea to have your son evaluated by a child psychiatrist.

Some children do better, if they're HOME SCHOOLED.

That's why a child psychiatrist might be able to help your son.

This is a HOTLINE where victims of BULLIES of school violence in MO can report the behavior.

You can do it online, by telephone call, by text message, or via an APP you can use to do the same thing from your smartphone or tablet.

https://www.schoolviolencehotline.com/

Take a look at what anti-bullying laws exist (or not) in MO:

http://www.stopbullying.gov/laws/missouri.html

Last edited:
I have talked to teachers and principals but not the superintendent. I have taken him to a doctor and all i got was that he is fine and a normal 9 year old and that all she sees is emotion problems that could be caused by something going in his home life or school. I have been considering a new school or homeschooling. Thank you for answering. I am just a concerned mother and he does not act the way they say he does here at home. We are strict. Hopefully not to strict. :) I do understand kids will lie and kids will act differently when they are not around there parents. But that is why I have been paying more attention instead of jumping right into it. I have other parents telling me there child is concerned about my son because they see what he is going through. Other parents have also told me they are having the same issue. There are kids in the neighborhood who come to me and tell me as well. I have pictures of marks and bruises. I also have the ripped clothes that have not thrown away yet. I have even seen it first hand when the principal shuts him down she did it right in front of me. They don't allow him to talk. Thats why I thought I would seek advice before doing anything. Thank you again!

When you say you took him to a dr., did you take him to a child psychologist or child psychiatrist? Generally they will continue sessions with the child to get to the actual root of the problem(s). (not just say it has to do with home or school life)

If worse comes to worse, you might try home schooling or another school.

Good luck to you & your child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back