Criminal Records, Expungement What are the effects of having a misdemeanor charge on your record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murra11

So I am going to plead no contest to an underage consumption of alcohol charge against me, and in the state of West Virginia I will get fined $235. Of course I see this as a hazardous result to my future beyond the 235 dollars. I will have on my record a misdemeanor (granted nothing very serious, but a criminal offense nonetheless).

My questions are mostly around my intentions of studying law, and of course the fact that it is in West Virginia, a place that I have no intention to ever return to after school.

Should I worry about future background checks for jobs?
Is the possibility of becoming a DA, or a judge now entirely eliminated?
If I chose another profession, should I worry about a background check result (considering I will most likely be in New York...)
And lastly, what other impending result is there of having a misdemeanor, are they permanent?

Thanks.

Any criminal conviction "can" effect College, jobs etc. There is no yes or no answer. It will depend on the School, employer and how they view the conviction. The time since the conviction will play into this as your age at time of conviction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back