Other Immigration Law What are some legal ways to stay in the states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NataT

Hello All,

I am from Jamaica and currently have a visitors visa (b1/b2) for the united states. I have been trying to get a permanent stay in the usa, but seems like i'm hitting rock bottom. I know of some ways

1. Marriage to a citizen
2. Company Sponsorship
3. Schooling

1. I am already married to my Jamaican husband, so Marriage if out of the question.
2. I am seeking companies that will sponsor me, but up till now, there is no response
3. Schooling can be expensive and seeing that I already have a Bachelors Degree and i'm 24, i dont want to head down the school route now as I'm growing and need to work and support my husband and future children.

I do have a question though, I am staying with some friends here in Florida and they are willing to sponsor me to work for them as a Caregiver. But I dont know the procedure with that and would like to know if that is possible.

The best advice one can give you is for you to consult with an immigration attorney so s/he can discuss what options you have out there as far as staying legally in this wonderful country of ours. Good luck to you!

Thanks for replying presutin. I have been trying to contact immigration officers but most of them are giving me the same answers that i have presented (above 1-3) What i mainly need to know though is if the last question i asked is possible, before i pay another 100 advice fee to get the same answers over again

There is a possibility that sponsorship via work can happen and that is when the immigration attorney comes in. S/he will assess the situation and help you with the necessary paperwork to (after the assessment) begin the sponsorship process. Bear in mind that there will be a lot going on and it is not as easy as it seems since the area you want to explore (caregiving) has plenty of legal professionals available in your area that don't need sponsorship. Good luck to you!

Thanks presutin. I very glad that you answered. I know it can be rough, but i just wanted to know that the possibility existed. Thanks for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back