What are my Uncle's rights

L

Les734

Jurisdiction
Ohio
My Uncle Dick own a property of a house that consider a half a double. My Uncle lives on one half and Robert lives on the other half. Robert is the son of my Uncle's fiance of over 35 years. Unfortunately My Uncle's fiance (wife) passed last month. Robert has never paid rent, utilities or cable since he has lived there. My Uncle was doing this so his fiance didn't have a worry about her son. My Uncle paid every bills that has anything to do with that property even cable. My Uncle now wants him out. What do we need to do to make this possible? Relatives are saying he's a guest in the house and we can ask him to leave? just need to know the laws before anyone goes overboard.

Thanks Leslie

Before worrying about laws your Uncle can ask him to leave voluntarily. If he doesn't then Uncle may want to offer him some incentives to leave. Help him pack, help him find a place, offer some money towards a place to live. You get the idea. Getting him to leave quietly and peacefully will be much quicker and better for your Uncle than having to go through the legal process of eviction.

Back