What are my rights

C

Cathleen Gee

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I just begun to rent a room. I was told by landlord in April all work would be done by may 1st so I cld give notice to my previous landlord. All utilities are supposed to be included, cable for 1yr,n washer n dryer. Well I had to move by the 1st was told the work was done. Moved in work not done windows don't open no cable, no washer dryer, things still nd fixing. Now on the lease we get cable 6mos, n if we nd heat after April 15th, or air conditioning in the summer we will be charged 50 to 100dols more per month. Is this legal. If utils are include can she charge us,without the Hs being in total living condition should we have to pay until it is? Can we be charged security deposit for a rm?

You could rent your own apartment.
You are also free to become homeless, or buy yourself a mansion.

I'm not sure if this is where I write my question or not – it does say just a reply, and I actually have a new question. But I got in trouble last time for starting a new thread, so don't want to do that again! There was a great article – but I've looked through them and cannot find it. But there was a great article regarding two tenants living in a dwelling – my situation happens to be husband and wife – and information about if one leaves one month early… I would love to find that article! Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Also, I don't know if it was the same article or not, but I also saw where it discussed electricity being turned off and it being illegal to do that by the landlord or leasing office. Does anyone know what I'm talking about there?!

I am in California and have tried all day to get my hands on those articles! It's possible it is not this awesome and incredible site that I saw them on, but I really do believe so. Can anyone help me, please?!

I apologize for the typos!! No time to edit, please forgive me!

Also, I don't know if it was the same article or not, but I also saw where it discussed electricity being turned off and it being illegal to do that by the landlord or leasing office. Does anyone know what I'm talking about there?!

I am in California and have tried all day to get my hands on those articles! It's possible it is not this awesome and incredible site that I saw them on, but I really do believe so. Can anyone help me, please?!

You reside in California.
CA is a community property state.
Your husband can't be required to live with you.
No law can command or dictate that he not move out of an apartment you and he share one day after you BOTH lease the apartment.

The LL can pursue his breach, require the remaining spouse to pay (if he/she wishes to remain in the unit).

Your remedy is against your spouse.

The LL isn't responsible for your spouse's breach.

The LL is stiffed by his potential breach.

That is why your LL is attempting to evict you.

It's not your LL's fault you are unable to pay the rent.

Again, the ONLY remedy available to you is in a CA divorce court.

Such a remedy, should it be forthcoming, often takes weeks, months, sometimes years.

In the interim, you are on your own.

You may not like my words, which are not menat to harm you, only to honestly inform you.

I urge you to discuss your divorce remedies with three or four CA licensed attorneys.
No message or discussion board can do very much to assist you.

A lawyer can, if she chooses to take your case, has the ability to get paid froim your spouse's portion of your marital estate.

Only a court can order him to pay for your emergency spousal maintenance.

Only a highly qualified, licensed (in your state) attorney can make such a case.

Again, please don't squander the limited precious time you may have left.

See those attorneys within the next 24-48 hours, in person, learn if remedies exist to forestall your looming homelessness.

Thank you very much. Will get on it.

You reside in California.
CA is a community property state.
Your husband can't be required to live with you.
No law can command or dictate that he not move out of an apartment you and he share one day after you BOTH lease the apartment.

The LL can pursue his breach, require the remaining spouse to pay (if he/she wishes to remain in the unit).

Your remedy is against your spouse.

The LL isn't responsible for your spouse's breach.

The LL is stiffed by his potential breach.

That is why your LL is attempting to evict you.

It's not your LL's fault you are unable to pay the rent.

Again, the ONLY remedy available to you is in a CA divorce court.

Such a remedy, should it be forthcoming, often takes weeks, months, sometimes years.

In the interim, you are on your own.

You may not like my words, which are not menat to harm you, only to honestly inform you.

I urge you to discuss your divorce remedies with three or four CA licensed attorneys.
No message or discussion board can do very much to assist you.

A lawyer can, if she chooses to take your case, has the ability to get paid froim your spouse's portion of your marital estate.

Only a court can order him to pay for your emergency spousal maintenance.

Only a highly qualified, licensed (in your state) attorney can make such a case.

Again, please don't squander the limited precious time you may have left.

See those attorneys within the next 24-48 hours, in person, learn if remedies exist to forestall your looming homelessness.

Back