What are my rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

tessa14

I was involved with a town cop who is and was married at the time.His wife found out about us and then her aunt started threatening me so my son-n-law went to the police department and reported it to an investigator and the police chief then investigator came to see me and had me to write a statement out detailing our affair and he was given a disc of some of chat sessions that took place while he was on duty.All of the times we met and engaged in sex was done while he was on duty.Me and my son-n-law were told by the investigator that we would have to be interviewed by the police chief but this never happened and the cop was never disciplned now this has been over a year ago since then this officer has went from being a town cop to a correction officer at the state prison which is located here in our town.How could he get a job like that if there was a complaint in his personnel record and do I have a legal claim against the police department since nothing was ever done.

I was involved with a town cop who is and was married at the time.His wife found out about us and then her aunt started threatening me so my son-n-law went to the police department and reported it to an investigator and the police chief then investigator came to see me and had me to write a statement out detailing our affair and he was given a disc of some of chat sessions that took place while he was on duty.All of the times we met and engaged in sex was done while he was on duty.Me and my son-n-law were told by the investigator that we would have to be interviewed by the police chief but this never happened and the cop was never disciplned now this has been over a year ago since then this officer has went from being a town cop to a correction officer at the state prison which is located here in our town.How could he get a job like that if there was a complaint in his personnel record and do I have a legal claim against the police department since nothing was ever done.

How do you know he wasn't disciplined? The police department has no obligation to share personnel details with you, so it's entirely possible that he was disciplined. As far as his new job, the state may not have felt that the affair would affect his performance as a corrections officer.

I think this creep got his.

He should have gotten more, but going from a sworn police officer to guard at prison isn't a promotion in my eyes.

I suspect the Chief let him resign, giving up his sweet gig as cop, to become a prison guard.

I'd say his pay and pride both suffered in the deal.

If you think this was covered up, take your PROOF to the sheriff and/or the District Attorney.

You do understand that this doesn't make you look that good either.

Maybe you might want to forget this whole sordid business????

at2_gstatic_com_images_f09f05a1a3622a44eb1abb751d93e11a._.jpg

Last edited:
this is more about a violation of department policy then it is any kind of cover-up. There really is nothing for you to do here. You made your report and that is pretty much the end of your involvement in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back