What are my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara156

I met my now ex about two years ago through an online dating site. Over those two years he has used me and lord knows how many other girls to get what he wants and then he leaves them high and dry and moves on. My question is I let him drive my car for 2 months with his word that he would make the payments and take out insurance on it. He made one payment and drove the car for the entire time without insurance on it. When I got my car back he had left a few of his personal items in it and is now threating me that if I don't return it to him by a certain time he will press theft charges on me. I have his stuff and I think he should come get it himself where I have witnesses that actually see him get it because I know he would try to say I didn't give him everything.

Another question is what can I do now that I'm $30,000 in debt because of him, my credit is ruined because he was opening accounts in my name without my permission and not paying them. I am a single parent and I am constantly getting letters from different companies that are turning me over to the credit bureau because I can't pay the debt he did. Do I have any options?

You can go to the policr to see if there is any crime committe.d I think you learned an expensive lesson though. You can also sue him in civil court. Or you can file for bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back