what are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannahjosh1

i used to have a roommate who was transferred from another country. her employer deployed her back to the country where she came from. before she left, she had not coordinated with HR for the shipment of her things as she is entitled for shipping allowances in her employment contract. after a few months, she got fired and she never communicated with her employer about the shipment of her personal items. she hasn't contacted me either. i called her employer since i thought that her things should not be my responsibility but theirs but they said that they can't move her stuff without her consent. is there a way i can compel her employer to move the things out of the apartment? she was entitled to shipping as part of her employment contract and if they can't get hold of her - can't they not just ship it to her home address reflected in her personal file? or maybe put it in storage until it can be shipped?

thanks for any advise you could provide...

The former employer has nothing to talk to you about. You are uninvolved party to them. Contact your former roomate let that person retrieve the belongings or make arrangments with former employer. check your states laws on how long you must hold items once you notify owner you do not wish to store them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back