Corporate Law what am i entitled to in a music partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

sne313

I am half owner of production,publishing and entertainment company. Me and my partner have produced for major artists such as eminem and various artists on shady records/Universal records. About a few months ago me and my partner had a falling out over property I purchased to house the studio that was in my name as result I sold the property. After doing so the studio moved to another location and I moved out of state to further our music production with some clients we had in that state. I began to find out I wasn't being informed on business money transaction moves he was making. At that time I was still forwrding music he would send me, to our clients and then it came to an end, he stopped sending me music and told me he wanted to start his own production company and he was running everything threw that company. And I told him that we must either dissolve the business or reach an agreement neither has been done. My concern and question is do I still have half ownership to anything that recieves a music placement and how do i find out if any money has been paid out to him thus far. Also I own half the studio and equipment that was used to produce the beats even though I may have not produced on all the beats that were made while I have been living out of state:confused:. What am I entitled too?

It's impossible to comment on this meaningfully, especially since we don't have the agreements that seem to have been signed to create this company. You are correct with regard to dissolution and there is a question as to what was created after the two of you had a falling out, especially since it seems that a good amount may have used your company equipment. I'd say it's likely you have a case of some sorts but someone has to look over all the paperwork. Your best bet is to see an attorney and bring all the documentation you have with you. Best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back