Well, not so well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slanderedinTX

My brother and sister-in-law bought a house in the Galveston County area in April of this year. When they bought the house, the owner reported that he had just installed a new well that cost $6500. He had a realtor that worked for him and drew up all of the sales contract. IN the contract, it says that there is a working well on the property.

Since buying the house, my brother has had nothing but problems with the well. The other day, brown sand started coming out of the faucets and into the washer and the washer stopped working. They have a 2 month old baby!! When my sister-in-law called the company that installed and warranted the well, they informed them the previous owner only said he would pay for them to go 250 feet with the well. The well guy said that in that area all wells go 400 feet, which they informed the previous owner, but the guy said he was selling the house and didn't care --- he was only willing to pay them to dig 250 feet.

In order to fix the problem, my brother now eithers has to pay $3500 for a filtration system or pay the cost to run the well 400 ft. Does he have any options in regards to getting the previous owner to fork up the cost? Isn't there sometype of 1 year "warranty" in Texas when you buy a home?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back