Weird situation

Jesse28636

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I'm really hoping an attorney here can help as I am at a loss as to what to do. I have a old credit card account with Credit one bank. Never a missed payment late payment etc. as of June 6th I tried to log in to make a payment and my access had been suspended. I called into the bank and was told that they are unable to accept a payment because my account has been marked as account holder deceased. I asked them where the information had came from and they could not tell me. I spent two hours on the phone with them on Wednesday trying with multiple agents/supervisors to correct the issue and pay off the account. They refused saying that they are not allowed to accept payment on a deceased persons account!! I got an alert from experience this am showing that they have now reported the account as 30 days past due dropping my tico 62 points!!! I immediately called Credit One again and got the same story They refuse to accept payment. And said they are unable to do anything until they receive a certified death certificate for myself and paperwork on the identity of the executor of the estate which I'm hoping I have another 60 years before that can be issued... they do not have any physical locations to go to and no way to contact their corporate office only the outsourced call center. What can I do!!!!!!!

Find a mailing address here:
https://www.creditonebank.com/customer-service

Send them a check to the payments address with your account number clearly marked on it. This way you have documentation that you paid and they refused to accept.

Send a letter to the general correspondence address explaining the problem and requesting them to correct the problem and retract negative information from your credit report.

Resolve this by mail and be patient. It is better to have written documentation than to talk to multiple unhelpful people on the phone.

Meanwhile go to the credit agencies and enter a comment on your report explaining the discrepancy. Creditors will be able to see this and consider it when making credit decisions.

Back