Wedding vendor question

blessed5x

Jurisdiction
Florida
When my daughter got married, I received a brochure from the venue ahead of time with price list for services. For videography, I had the option to choose between two videographers and the price was listed to cover the ceremony, pre-ceremony and the reception. My daughter verbally told one of the videographers that he could do it and they could discuss details later. (By details, we meant what/who we wanted to be sure to be taped. The young man never got back with us as he had prior engagements up to the wedding. He videoed everything with a camera (which is not personally a problem, however, maybe unprofessional?). FOUR months later, he provides a flash drive with a video less than 3 minutes long and an invoice that is more than two and half times the price that was listed in the brochure. Almost half of the video is exactly what we received from the photographer. We wanted at least the full first look as seen by the groom, what the preacher said during the ceremony and at least a little of the speeches from the reception. What is our obligation?

My daughter verbally told one of the videographers that he could do it and they could discuss details later.

Big, BIG mistake and one that, hopefully, she will remember all of her life and never make it again.

What is our obligation?

Ultimately, it's to pay the bill as presented if you can't get an adjustment from the videographer.

The first thing I would do is take the brochure and the bill to the venue's owner and demand an explanation of why you are being billed for more money than the brochure says. At the same time complain about the crappy job.

Then come back and report the results if you need further discussion.

By details, we meant what/who we wanted to be sure to be taped.

Taped? I'd be shocked if there are any videographers working today who still use videotape.

He videoed everything with a camera (which is not personally a problem, however, maybe unprofessional?

Ummm...what else would you expect him to use?

What is our obligation?

Depends on the terms of whatever written contract you and/or your daughter signed or the terms of any verbal agreement that was made.

Back