Website that posts private pictures of Celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbata

I have a created a website called moseley magnificient (please search it in freewebs and you will find it, take a look at it please!)
where I post pictures of Narnia actor William Moseley and various other Narnia stars.

I will admit these photos are intrusive to their privacy in some way, but I feel like the photos do not stain/harm the actors reputation, nor do they embarrass them (no illegally activity being shot). These photos, to me, actually show them in a good light.

I just need to know if any legal action can be filed against me. The photos, by the way, are taken from facebook. I can only say they are from facebook as a credit, because if I said the profile URL (name), that person would be harassed with messages and friend requests. And I didn't ask permission. I basically stole them, right? But they are not copyrighted photos, nor are they the product of hacking or leaking (like the Miley Cyrus photos). Can I get in trouble for anything that I am doing? Please help me or refer help to me if you can't.

Thank You

-Corbata

In short, if you took the pictures from someone else without permission, you are violating someone's copyright unless they are in the public domain. My guess is that none of these pictures are PD and most of them are probably the result of someone else stealing them from another web site. With regard to getting into trouble... what do you think if you're knowingly committing copyright infringement?

all of the pictures were from someone's facebook profile. and I'm not sure if they are in the public domain (i don't even know what is considered PD). I'm not sure if the pictures are copyrighted. What would be considered copyrighted? Are pictures taken privately on facebook have a copyright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back