website subcription

Nesrine

Jurisdiction
Europe
i subscribed in website calles Testandget.com and then i unsubscribes in the same day they mentioned in their site the cost of opening the account is 90 euros and includes 30 free days of membership so i understood that it was free for 30 days and then if i still subscribed it will continue to bill 90 euros for the opening and 30 euros/per month.so i unsubscribed in the same day without using any service they sent me a bill by 90 euros and then i asked them that i didn't use the service and i unsubscribed but they didn't answer properly they sent 3 reminders will late fees so now it is 110 euros and the third one they mentioned it will be sent to court and they didn't anwer to my last 2 mails, they didn't have an adress they even don't have a phone number so am i accused i really didn't use the service and i unsubscribed in the free days, i'm egyptian i did the subscription in France but i'm leaving permanently now to Egypt so am i accused and is their an international law for the internet issues they didn't even mention an exact law. What shall i do??

Here's what it says on the opening page of the website:

"To become product tester and get access to our member area on Testandget.com costs 90 euros for opening an account including 30 days free membership. After the first 30 days the subscription will cost you 30 euros per month and are billed for a period of 3 months at a time."

That alone tells me you pay the 90 euros up front just to open the account.

At the bottom of the opening and sign up pages is a link to "terms and conditions."

Did you read them. They include the following:

"The price for account setup is 90 euro."

That's clear enough.

"The price for account setup is 90.00 Euro and include 30 days free membership on testandget.com member area. The bill will be issued on credit and must be paid latest 10 days after delivery of the login details."

"If the customer has not paid for the membership , on time the, the customer agrees to pay reminder fees and penalties according to the current standard set by us. The customer agrees to pay all costs related to initiating and preparing documents for court proceedings, including third party costs such as, but not limited to, inquiries, translations, technical research, document drafting, interest, and state fees."

There's no doubt that you owe the money and there's no "law" that's going to get you out from under it.

Better pay it quickly before the debt grows with more fees and costs.

i'm leaving permanently now to Egypt so am i accused and is their an international law for the internet issues they didn't even mention an exact law. What shall i do??

I doubt very seriously that any company on the European continent is going to pursue you on the African continent while living in a nation NOT a member of the EU.

If you return to live in France, they might start hounding you.

As long as you remain in Egypt, they won't even know how to contact you.

Back