Website done for friend with Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadesmod

Hello there,

I need some advice. I recently designed a quick website for a friend of mine and she paid for the hosting and domain names. I designed the website and uploaded it, and said I would not be able to manage the website as I am continuing my college career. I got to a certain point and I was paid part of the remainder, and the price I worked up was just my rough copy, no tax and they said when the new stuff they asked to be done was done, I would get the rest. So I did not do the rest, because I was busy with school and work and it was christmas season. I will not do the rest until I am paid for what I have done so far.

Every purchase is made with cash. No reciepts because they didn't say anything to me when I suggested it. They removed the website from being online now (so I assume) and changed the hosting password. They threatened me that since I do not answer calls (my cell was being switched due to broken inner-screen) that they are calling their lawyer and will resolve this legally.

My question is, is this something they would have a case on? So far they have a mediator trying to contact me by mail and phone and I got a few voicemails from them and the number was not recognized until I heard voicemails. Let me say this again, there is no proof that any one person exchanged money.

Thanks,

Justin

The get what they pay for.
It sounds like the best solution for both parties is to drop it.
Otherwise, the two of you should work out a contract and agree how things will proceed and when payments will be made.

You can be sued, yes... but that doesn't mean they will be awarded anything if they do. You would have opportunity to defend yourself in court and explain why you don't owe them anything.
Even I could sue you for the same thing... but I wouldn't expect to get far with my complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back