We THOUGHT we had gotten rid of the horrible neighbors....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerxy27

My roommate and I were forced to move from one side of our apartment complex to the other side due to us having noise complaints against us. These complaints came from a woman who was the wife of the maintenance man on property and lived right below us. She verbally harrassed us on our way out of the building one day and so did a neighbor below her about us making too much noise. At the time, my roommate and I were both full-time college students holding full-time jobs. So, literally, we were only at the apartment to sleep.

After the incident, the apartment office staff offered to move us to the other side of the complex at no fee and took off $200 for that month's rent to make up for the actions of the wife of one of their employees. Before we moved, we also told the office staff of our neighbors living next door to us at the time who we would catch occasionally peeping in our windows and door.

The day we moved, the two women who harassed us and the wife of the couple that we would catch peeping in on us, all sat on one porch together ridiculing us and watching us move. But, we moved on and moved to the other side of the complex to what was peace for a while. Then the same neighbors we reported to the office staff that would spy in on us and that we also told them were part of the ridiculing us, moved in ABOVE us in our new apartment.

My roommate and I can't figure out a reason as to why they are living on the third floor in the same type of apartment (they were on the 3rd floor and in a 2 bedroom apartment in their old apartment- and that's what they moved into this time as well) and the sheer irony that THOSE people are now living directly above us. Again, we did mention before we moved what this couple had done to us. They are excruciatingly loud dropping things all the time and what sounds like literally stomping at all hours.

My questions are: Should the apartment office have notified us about the neighbors we had issues with one on side of the complex to let us know they were going to be living above us here? And since we had noise complaints against us over there (which were false- I can assure you), do I have a right to complain against them now? What, if any, legal rights do I have here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back