We Need help! What do we do

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersonsAM

I have a home that is in Phx AZ that was my grandparents house that have both passed away and we had a friend renting the place from us and he then decided that he was going to have a friend live with him that we had no knowlege of well now the orginal renter has moved out but now we cant seem to get his friend to move we told him on 2/9/09 that he had to be out by 2/13/09 well he is still there so we got a 5 days to vacate form online we had it notarized and had the cops there while i gave him the form the cops said that if he wasnt gone by 2/23/09 by 2PM he would be arrested for traspassing well he is still there i called the cops they claim there is nothing they can do.. What do i do?? Rent was also due on 2/12 which we told him on 2/9 being he had to be out on 2/13 he didnt have to pay rent because he was no long going to be able to be there well now he is living there for free and i cant seem to get anywhere. He has changed the locks on the doors he wont let the orginal renter back in there to get this stuff out. The man that is in there now is a convicted felon and has served a totel of 24 years in prison we have concerned neighbors that people are in and out of the home at all hours of the night they stay for a few mins and then they leave. Some of this guys felons are drug and weapon related.. I also go wind that he has swords and knives in the home and he will use them if need be.. I am at a lost on what to do.. There was agreement made with the orginal renter it was a month to month base and he was told no one else was to be living there without our approval well we see he listened well.. Someone please help

Often the police will not handle such matters as they consider them civil, not criminal issues. One often has to go through the process of eviction (through the court system) to get legal help in getting such a person out of the rental unit.

Once an eviction is granted by the courts, a member of law enforcement will oversee the eviction of this tenant.

Since this person seems to have a violent history it would be a good idea to go through the courts for an eviction so you'd have law enforcement present when this takes place.

Go down to your local court house tomorrow and file to evict this person.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back