water bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

richb234

My water provider recently came out to change my water meter..Apparently it was not working correctly.They sent me a letter (and a bill for over $1,100) saying I was responsible for the last 4 years that the meter was malfunctioning..I was paying the monthly bill all along .I just paid what the bill told me to pay..I was not aware of anything unusual...So they my some sort of off the wall calculation ,telling me what I used ....This is not my fault..I don't feel responsible for their equipment...please advise...Rich B

What you cannot claim here is that you didn't use the water, you just were not billed correctly due to a malfuction of the water meter so it is not their faul or your fault. Ask the water company to give you a breakdown of what the average water use of your household should have been and compare it not only with what you currently have but also to similar households in your neighborhood. They should be able to give you that. If the data backs up their claims, negotiate with them a payment plan to get the past due balance taken care of. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back