Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant was this proper entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

currdogg

recently i was arrested i was in bed asleep,my mother in law woke me up and told me that the police were here and wanted to talk to me ,i told her let me get dressed and i'll be there,next thing i know the officers were in my house taking me into custody
now first off, my mother in law does not live with us,we are buying the home from her under owner finance contract ,she showed up at our home while the police was knocking on my door,and let the police in my house,nobody else was home but myself ,can she walk in at will,or let the police,or anybody in my home like that claiming to be the owner?or has she crossed the line .did the arresting officers cross the line?

If she let them in, regardless if she lives there or owns the place or not, it makes it a legal entry, generally.

You are buying the home from her, so it sounds like she still owns it right? Anyways that part really does not matter. She let them in.

i was under the impression that when you finance a house from he bank that dosen't give them the right to walk in at will,anyway water under the bridge as far as the arrest can't fight city hall.
thanks for your time to read my question and the time to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back