was allowed to live in a non residential building by owner of business kicks me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen

i rent a music practice studio in seattle wa and have been allowed to stay there by employees as well as business owner. they are open 24-7 and have bathrooms and heat/ac, etc.. i just got a note saying i had ten days to get everything out including myself and have no time to find a new home and very little money to do so. can he really give me that short a notice before he kicks me out onto the street? i was a half month or so late on the rent but have been fairly good with paying rent in general...

What, exactly, does "paying rent in general" indicate?

It would appear from your posting that you're being told to leave due to failure to pay rent. Keep in mind that in a commercial rental situation (which yours would appear to be as your initial purpose was to rent a music practice studio as a business) tenants have even less rights than those with a residential lease. For example, you might find yourself locked out of the place at the end of this 10 day period.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back