1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Warrant

Discussion in 'Criminal Records, Expungement' started by Mzks, May 3, 2022.

1. Mzks

Mzks Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Texas
    My roommate was arrested on a warrant that he knew nothing about the charge. While trying to find out what's going on while we wait for him to be transferred so I can bail him out, I have been trying to find the case from the county clerk but there is no information on him other than a closed case that is from 2017 in the same county as the warrant. I know he hasn't been arrested since the last case because he's home every night for dinner and, as I have learned, it is no quick thing to get someone out of jail.

I know that he is no Saint and had been into some shady stuff but he's been sober and keeping his nose out of trouble for almost 2 years now so this has blindsided us, any advice on what may be happening and what to do would be appreciated

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

My guess is that he's been told by now what the warrant was for.

He should be keeping his mouth shut and arranging for a lawyer.

He shouldn't be discussing it with you either.

zddoodah, Zigner and justblue like this.
  3. Mzks

Mzks Law Topic Starter New Member

he hasn't told me anything that public records hasn't told me.

4. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

"What to do"? Stop posting about his criminal case on the internet and help him hire a criminal defense attorney.

https://www.texasbar.com/

5. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

Have you Googled your roommate's name? Or looked it up on the local PD/Sherriff's website?