Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Warrant for Arrest

I own a house that I'm not currently living in. I contract with someone to keep up the yard. To my great surprise I recently received a mailing indicating that I missed a municipal court date (that I didn't know about) and that a guilty plea had been entered on my behalf and a warrant issued for my arrest when I missed the court date.

It was legit; it contained copies of 3 citations for which I was to have appeared, all issued on the same day shortly after a severe storm:
  • tall grass
  • overgrown bushes
  • tree branch down in backyard
I called the court and turned myself in and asked what I needed to do. They said I had to pay the fines and bail money, which I did.

Is there anything else I need to do to get the fact that I was for a time a wanted fugitive out of my criminal history? I need to keep my record squeaky clean for my job and I'm a little bit afraid that the next time they do a random background check on me they'll see the Warrant and deem me unqualified to remain in my job. The town in which I own the house mixes together 1st offense DUIs with all other municipal citations (grass, bushes, etc) and sends them all to the state warrants database.

No I'm not kidding and yes this really happened.
Many thoughts arise.

1 - Get in front of this with your employer. Report it to the appropriate person. Better it comes from you now rather that from a background check later where they may think you concealed it.

2 - Consult a criminal defense attorney about the possibility of expunging or sealing the records.

3 - Check the public records about the property. Make sure your current home address is on record rather that the property address. You'll want future notices to come to you.

4 - If you are unable to visit your property once a week or twice a month (you live out of town or out of state) sell the damned thing while prices are up.

5 - Sue the pants off whoever you contracted for the groundskeeping. They owe you for your fines.