Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Warrant for arrest for unpaid fine in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauhauz

Dear Sirs,
I recently received a letter from the Strathclyde (Scotland) Police station where they warn me that there is a warrant for my arrest in respect of non-payment of a fine of 350£.
The fine refers to a drink-driving offence occurred in May 2008 in Paisley (Glasgow). I tried to contact the Police to know how to pay the fine from abroad but at the moment I didn't receive any answer.

I am an Italian citizen and I am not presently living in UK. The warrant of arrest refers to the Strathclyde Department in Scotland. Is it valid only in Scotland or in the whole UK territory? If so, could they arrest me at my arrival at the airport in London? And in this case, as I believe that paying the fine will not automatically result in the withdraw of the warrant, will they arrest me even if I pay immediately the fine?
What could happen in this event? Will I have to stay in jail for several days until the judge accept my apologies?
Please give me advice on the best conduct to solve this problem.
Thank you very much for your help.
I am looking forward to your answer.
Best Regards
Andrea

Get in touch with the court in that jurisdiction... not the police department.
Let them know that you are abroad, but willing to send payment. The worst they could tell you is "no". For a warrant of that type I would not expect that you would be picked up for it outside of Scotland.... but that is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back