Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant warrant for arrest for a crime never commited...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbentley09

Due to the fact the case is still open, I cannot release much information. I just want to get a general opinion on what you guys think and if its possible to sue the city...

Two men fled the scene of a crime. They stole a laptop and GPS device from a "bait car" a city had set up. They were tracked and pulled over. They were told to get out of the car at gun point and did that. They fled the scene and jumped fences and got away. The car was impounded.

The car was registered to a family with the same last name as mine about 30 miles away from where I live. The crime happened over 100 miles away.

The officer who pulled the vehicle over chose ME from a photo line-up of two people. These two people having the same last name as the registered car owner and the same race. They sent letters and calls to the house where the car was registered to but got no response so they issued a warrant for MY arrest (never got anything sent to my house).

So, local PD come to my house and arrest me infront of my family on the charges:

PC 148(A)(1)F
PC 459 F
PC 496(A)F

So, I spent the weekend in jail waiting for my bail to post. it was 10,000 and we paid 800 of that through a bail bond. We were forced to hire a laywer to help fight this case. We are out fees on that as well. We are waiting for our pre-elim hearing coming up to see whats going to happen then.

That is the background of this case, but my question is, is there anyone who I can SUE..the city? county? state? the cop?

I cannot believe a huge mistake like this can happen without being investigated? I've never been to jail and I've never had any criminal history and I had missed work for the weekend in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back