Want to get out of lease without paying two months rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwtHrt

I live in Maryland and I am very unhappy with this apartment complex. I feel it is a very unsafe and unhealthy place for my 2 yr old to live. My lease isn't up until february. I can get out now with 30 days notice and pay 2 months rent, but I want to avoid that. I have had many complaints about this place such as the month it took them to fix the dishwasher that had dirty water sitting in it for a month. I have repeatedly asked them to exterminate for the mouse that is in my cabinets that has eaten through my food, and ants that are all over the place. Many times I have had the throw away lots of food because the freezer door would not stay shut. Recently they tried to take me to court over a rent check that they misplaced without at least telling me that they never received it. They told me this isn't the first time and I don't want to stick around for this to happen again. Please, I want out without having to pay that huge amount, because this is not a good place to raise my son. What should I do? :confused:

Well, let me say it this way: You have a lease for 7 more months. The landlord offers you to get out by paying for two more. This is a compromise, clean and easy.

The other option is to start a possibly nasty war against the landlord, which could lead to court battles, attorney fees etc etc. I am not saying that you might not have a case here and might even win it, but you must consider if it is worth the aggravation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back