Consumer Law, Warranties Want refund - signed dumb contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1LEY200

My husband signed a contract in Nov. 2007 for modelling/acting classes for daughter (big scam). He signed contract that if cancelled within 3 days, all money back, before classes 75% back said after 1 class, entitled to 50% refund.
They weren't ready to hold classes until January 2008. They said there would be an intro to the class and we had discussed daughter NOT doing "runway" modeling as she is too short. We were told there was also modeling for advertising, how to do photo shoots, etc.
Daughter went to first class (she is 16). Said class was horrible - it was runway, the teacher provided no intro and provided absolutely no feedback or instruction. Daughter left class before finished, asked tospeak to somebody, and then called me. I went to pick her up and asked to speak to somebody and they wouldnt. Finally wrote letter asking for refund. They still won't speak to me. Are we entitled to get all of our money back and not just 75% or worse 50%? How should we go about doing this. Already took in letter and asked them to sign it asking for 100% refund.

You just have to negotiate with them and get the most you can. Civil suits on such are not worth the time and money.

Sue the bad people in small claims court. Ask for the farm; settle for a goat.

This method worked for me

I signed up for online training after a very 'strong' sales pitch from a telemarketer. The next day, I had what is termed "buyers remorse" and attempted to cancel the contract. The company refused claiming they have a no-refund policy.

My solution was to send certified letter to the company with copies of letters submitted to my local Better Business Bureau and my state's Attorney General explaining my situation and why I felt I was entitled to a refund even though the company I contracted with claimed I was not.

The letters were organized, detailed, and quoted my state's laws where applicable.

End result, the company gave me a full refund.

For you, first attempt to negotiate a refund by certified mail.
If that fails, make your second attempt by certified mail including the statement that you will file complaints with BBB and Attorney General.
If that fails, file your complaints and send copies to the company.
At the very least, the BBB will try to resolve the issue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back