Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Waiving Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntrepidJW

Hello.

I was convicted of a misdeameanor in Hamilton County Indiana. Retroactive to March 8th, I am on Probation for 1 Year, and I have lost my license for 6 months.

The biggest mistake I made, was not retaining a lawyer, as I pled guilty, and did not understand my rights.

(Possession charge of Marijuana, first ever offense, less than a joint, small bang box found)

I am an independent business owner, and I have suffered a major financial set back due to the fact that I can no longer drive, as that was the "bread and butter" of my income.

I talked to a lawyer about a hardship, but he said that due to the fact that I had an OWI in 2001, and received a hardship then, that I cannot qualify for another one.

Afterwards, another lawyer told me that I COULD get a hardship, but I would need $1500 up front and a couple hundred dollars in legal fees.

The catch 22 is how do I pay a lawyer for a hardship when I am having a great difficulty making income?

I am now 7 weeks behind on my rent and in danger of being kicked out. My head gasket has blown on my van, and I have no one to transport me at any given time.

The county that I got arrested in, is 40 minutes away, and I have to be there monthly for a "urine screen".

To top it all off, I have to pay the court $600 in fees, and then another $450 for a drug class.

I am suffering from an extreme, extreme financial hardship, and I do not know how I am going to:

A: Satisfy the requirements of the Court
B: Keep my current bills paid

I am also, close, to $40,000 in business debt and have debtors hounding me.

Not to mention the major one, the IRS.

The kicker is that everything was starting to take off good before I got my "possession" charge.

I shouldn't have consented to the search, so I have been told, but again, I didn't know my rights.

Sorry for the long message, but I want to know if there is any way I can get "out" of probation due to my situtation.

I am not looking to get out so I can engage in illegal activity. I want out because they will not transfer to my county, and, it is causing great, great trouble to my already troubled life.

Is this possible?

It is my first and only marijuana offense, and the punishment seems a bit extreme.

I could understand if I was some guy who was not out there trying to contribute, but I own two businesses, and they are both on their way down the toilet if I cannot figure out something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back