wage garnishments across state lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetson

I live in Ohio. The owe the state back sales tax from a bankrupt business in the 80's. My employer is based out of California. I work out of my house as a salesman. Can the state of Ohio order my company in California to take money out of my pay? If I move to Florida, can Ohio order my California company to do the same? :eek:

Originally posted by jetson:
I live in Ohio. The owe the state back sales tax from a bankrupt business in the 80's. My employer is based out of California. I work out of my house as a salesman. Can the state of Ohio order my company in California to take money out of my pay? If I move to Florida, can Ohio order my California company to do the same? :eek:
I'm a little confused by your post but I think you are asking if the state of Ohio have the company, located in California, garnish your wages pursuant to this debt. I'm not a bankruptcy expert, but if the business was a corporation and the corporation went bankrupt, why would you think that you might be personally liable for the debts of the bankrupt corporation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back