WA: Deferring a speeding ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godai

Hi guys,

After having my license for a month and a half (at the age of 20... yeah I know), I got my first speeding ticket today, for 35+ in a 25 (going maybe 40...).
This has definitely taught me my lesson, but I was still looking for ways to get around in in one way or another, and I've hit this "deferment" thing.

Now, I understand that once every few years or something, you are allowed to defer a ticket -- pay it in full and then drive clean for a year -- to have it not go on your record. My question is if I am eligible to do this... Only having had my license for so long makes me wonder.

Thanks.

I think that anybody can deferre a ticket in the state of WA. Also I beleave that you can only do it once every 7 years. But make sure you ask for a deferral befor the court date. Other wise the judge might not give it to you.

The other poster is correct. Since this is a minor speeding ticket you may want to save the deferment in case you receive a serious ticket. If you show up for court they may reduce it even further and that may be your best option.

Deffering a ticket

I deffered a ticket when I was 17, and now being 19 I received another ticket 50 in a 40, but I found something on the internet that said you can defer a ticket once a year, while other states make you wait 18-24 months before you can eliminate a new ticket with a new trip to traffic school. Is this true for the state of Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back