Voluntary surrender of parental rights

Nolagirlz

I am in need of guidance. My sister wants to voluntarily relinquish her parental rights to myself and my husband. She wants nothing to do with the baby. What steps should we take? Is an attorney needed, or is this something we can file with the courts on our own? We reside in New Orleans, LA. Thank you for your assistance.

You can start off by posting in the right place and not in an area which specifically says it's not for legal questions. Sorry, but this is my pet peeve here.

This is my first time using this; as well, I did not notice the message about not posting here until after I posted it. I attempted to delete the message to no avail. Since, I have reposted in the correct area. Thanks for your sarcasm and have a nice night. No need to respond.

You certainly put in the time and effort to create a nice avatar for yourself. I would have thought you would put as much effort and thought into posting about your actual problem.

If you entertain a clown you become part of the circus! Therefore, I will allow you to ENTERTAIN yourself. I refuse to entertain ignorance.... Goodnight!

It would have to be done through the court system - you would need a lawyer's help.

What about the baby's Father?

You're welcome.

Back