voluntary repo

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelpooh

I live in Texas but bought an 1991 van in Missouri before moving here. I have had to do nothing but put more money into it. Things that he said were fixed couldn't have been because of the problems I've had. I want him to come and get the van, but he won't talk to me on the phone. My question is can I send him a certifed letter, stating where the van is and tell him to come get it, and if he doesn't do so then can I sell it to a junk yard or someone for parts even though I don't have the title.

Thanks So Much
:confused:

Why would you buy a vehicle without getting ownership of title? My guess is that he said he's sign it after you paid off the vehicle in full? This is obviously not a good idea as you see.

If I were a junkyard or another person, I wouldn't touch the car because legally it is not yours to sell. You do not have the power to convey ownership and if the owner reports the vehicle stolen then the person with physical possession could have significant trouble in addition to being out money.

You will likely have to deal directly with the van owner and may have to take the issue to court in Missouri. Is there money left owed on the van?

Originally posted by angelpooh
I live in Texas but bought an 1991 van in Missouri before moving here. I have had to do nothing but put more money into it. Things that he said were fixed couldn't have been because of the problems I've had. I want him to come and get the van, but he won't talk to me on the phone. My question is can I send him a certifed letter, stating where the van is and tell him to come get it, and if he doesn't do so then can I sell it to a junk yard or someone for parts even though I don't have the title.

Thanks So Much
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back