Criminal Law Visiting Canada w/ Misdemeanor Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybel

I was arrested and given a ticket for the misdemeanor charge of larceny with a court date for middle of July this past weekend. I had plans to travel to Canada this weekend and next and am wondering if this will affect my ability to do so? From what I've read it probably will. But since it is only a charge and not a conviction yet, I'm not sure, this being only my first problem with the law and everything.

Last edited:
This is not legal Advice!

Your Quote: "But since it is only a charge and not a conviction yet, I'm not sure, this being only my first problem with the law and everything."

Unless the Judge or the Police are saying you are not eligible to travel then you must be eligible, so in that case you are still innocent until you have been proved guilty by a court of law. Therefore if it is your first offence, it stands to reason that technically you have no prior convictions.

Hope you enjoy your trip, that I seem to think that you are going to take anyway regardless of the answer.

Take care

Mark.

well actually no, i was planning on not going at all anymore. but if its only prior convictions that prevent you from entering Canada then I'm okay right now. Unless they can see that I have charges pending against me currently and would stop me for that.

This is not legal Advice!

Ummm, how would they know you have charges pending?
Unless you tell them.
The systems are letting people in and out these country's that are far worse than you and I very much doubt that you are a case for Interpol yet.

Anyway, remember this I am not giving you legal advice I am only giving you my opinion.

Take care and good luck.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back