Virginia DMV Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark56

I did not comply with an insurance warning letter from the Virginia DMV and now face a $500 fine.

The reason I did not comply with the letter is because a DMV representative told me that I would receive an additional warning letter - WRONG!

I have appealed administratively twice and have been denied. I now am petitioning the circuit court. DMV in their Findings of Fact have acknowledged that a representative provided bad info, but still deny the appeal. Is there any case law that states that a representative providing false info could be the basis of a successful appeal?

This is entirely administrative in nature with no harm to anyone but me. I would have complied immediately if I had not been provided the wrong info. Alternatively am I SOL and should not waste my money filing an appeal in the local circuit court?

Last edited:
...The reason I did not comply with the letter is because a DMV representative told me that I would receive an additional warning letter - WRONG!...Is there any case law that states that a representative providing false info could be the basis of a successful appeal?....

The rules are the rules, not what someone tells you the rules are.

Thanks - A sad lesson to learn, that even when the state acknowledges that one of their own misinformed a citizen that I am penalized. Ouch! $500 is a hurt on a retired person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back