Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Violation of probation in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

missamanda

I moved to Arizona from Michigan in October of 2009. I was on my last three months of probation for possession of narcotics (marijuana). Judge Lowe allowed me to moved before my probation was over. He told me I had to make my monthly payments on my court fines and report by mail every month to my probation officer. After i moved I found myself broke and I could not afford to make my monthly payments. I kind of gave up and did not send in a payment or monthly report to my probation officer.

I later received a court date to appear in front of Judge Lowe in Michigan. I could not afford to fly back to Michigan to make the court date so I ignored it all together. After failing to apear i wqs issued a bench warrent. It is now two years later and I would like to resolve this case so I can get my drivers license back and take care of my bench warrant. I however am very scarred of going to jail and I want to take care of this from Arizona if all possible.

Would I be allowed to hire an attorney in Michigan to appear in court for me or do I HAVE to be there to clear up this matter? I have enough money saved that I can pay off all of my fines. Anyone have any advise?

Last edited:
Why not call the probation officer and/or the judge and ask them?????

Its always better to get the information from the horse's mouth, and not his "you know what" (fooled you)!!!!!

Merry Christmas.

By the way, Michigan is broke.

They want money.

They aren't going to extradite you from AZ for a silly, "you know whated" misdemeanor!!!!

If you have all the money (and some, they'll tack on "extras and such"), they'll make a deal.

But, before sending the money, make sure you get what you're suposed to do, what they will do, if you do what you promise to do, before sending them any money!

And, send th efinds by money order, or bank wire, directly to the court or county treasurer!!!

Call them tomorrow, and you'll rest in peace tomorrow night!!!

Thank you for responding! I have tried calling the court a few times and I also contacted my probation officer. They all said they can not help me or give me advise. They tell me I have to fly there to speak with the judge. I have tried writing a letter to the judge about two months ago but I got no response. I am not sure what the next step would be, hire an attorney to write a letter to the Judge or hire a lawyer in Michigan to go into the court and talk to the judge for me? Does Michigan law allow an attorney to appear on my behalf for a misdemeanor?

Thank you for responding! I have tried calling the court a few times and I also contacted my probation officer. They all said they can not help me or give me advise. They tell me I have to fly there to speak with the judge. I have tried writing a letter to the judge about two months ago but I got no response. I am not sure what the next step would be, hire an attorney to write a letter to the Judge or hire a lawyer in Michigan to go into the court and talk to the judge for me? Does Michigan law allow an attorney to appear on my behalf for a misdemeanor?

You're welcome.
Well, this sounds troublesome for you.
I've seen this occur where they say you must return, because they want to arrest you.
You probably "urinated" someone off, likely the judge or the probation officer.

These guys now want not only your money, they want your hide.

Someone wants to make an example out of you!

But, one thing they can't do, is extradite you from Arizona.

There are ways to get your license back, without going to jail.

What was your original sentence.

It should read something like this: Defendant is sentenced to 90 days in the Crime County Jail, but sentence is suspended and defendant is placed on probation (or deferred adjudication) for 180 days.

In that case, you screw up, you could get up to 180 days in jail, if they revoke you.

The dirty little secret is they serve you a bench warrant when you arrive.

That could be a no bond warrant until you see the judge.

So you sit in jail 48, 72 hours and see the judge.

She sets your bond at $5,000.

You make bond, but are required to wear an ankle monitor and can't leave the county.

Or, you can't make bond, so you sit in jail!!!

Eventually (90 days or so later), you get sentenced.

You could 30 days in Jill, or get a higher fine.

They want money, remember.

It's your money they want.

You might try contacting a bail bondsman you trust or someone you trust recommends one.

A bondsman can find out just what's going on with these folk.

It won't cost you anything, unless you want to ore-arrange bail.

A lawyer can also find out what they really want.

He/she can also let you know if they'll make a deal and let you pay your fi es and be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back