Violation of Automated Red Light Enforcement Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishChiquita

I received a Violation of Automated Red Light Enforcement Program Citation in Maitland, FL. What will happen if I contest this violation? Also, if I go online to view the video will the Violation Processing Center track me online?

I highly doubt any kind of tracking is taking place. Nobody cares aboutdred light citations THAT much. Besides, there is nothing to gain from doing so.
Either pay the fine and be done with it or see if traffic school is an option to keep it off your record, although that will cost more.

The court will allow you to set up a payment plan.
You should view the video is it is available to you and see if you can be identified as the driver.
If you are clearly seen then you likely have no easy way out. You can check the area for signs that wan if camera enforcement. If there are no signs you might find a technicality but would have to research a little bit.
If you can not be identified as the driver then you might consider fighting the citation. They have to prove it was you driving. You do not have to prove that it wasn't you or even name another driver.
Chances are that you are on the hook.
Appear in court and request traffic school and let your financial status be known. The judge could reduce the fine if you are lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back