Parole, Probation violated probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x12d3

Hello, I honestly tried to find an answer for this one on my own but I need more help.

About a year ago I plead guilty to Contributing to the Delinquincy of an Underage (a misdemeanor alcohol charge). I was sentenced to X days in jail or Community Service + probation. I opted for the community service and probation but lapsed and have since left Ohio. I have found that I currently have a warrant in Ohio. My questions are:

>(my biggest question)About how long will the statue of limations be on this?

I was told once, that after about a year the warrant will expire, but I have read elsewhere online about people being served for things that happened 5 and 10+ years ago.

>How much jail time am I facing?
I've read online, that's it's up to the maximum allowed for the original crime (in my case 6 months). Is 6 months the absolute maximum or may I recieve this plus even more for having violated probation? How much more?

>Should I just let this thing "blow over" or try to resolve it quickly?
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm sure I should get this resolved as quickly as possible but I'm wondering if living in another state, with no real reason to return to Ohio in the near future, if this will dissapate with time.

>(collateral trouble) Will I be able to travel abroad or do they do Nationwide database searches at airports? I was sternly warned during the trial, and expect a heavy sentence, will my time be like in prison where it can be reduced with "good behavior" or will I certainly serve the full sentence? If I'm pulled over for something small here, but the cop happens to do a nationwide search what are the chances of extradiction?

Any comments will be very, very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back