Vin doesnt match

Jurisdiction
California
If a truck was bought off a craigslist post and after found the vin doesnt match thr truck but want the truck how would this be or could this be corrected? Early to mid 80s model beater project/ work truck

If a truck was bought off a craigslist post and after found the vin doesnt match thr truck but want the truck how would this be or could this be corrected? Early to mid 80s model beater project/ work truck

If there is an issue with the VIN, you might have purchased a stolen vehicle.

Have you checked with the helpful, friendly folks at the CA DMV?

You should have verified the VIN and all other details of your purchase before you finalized the deal.
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
This is where you always start before BUYING any car from anyone you don't trust, which means you do this EVERY time you buy a motor vehicle. I trust no one but myself.
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Request Rejected
There might be useful info on these links:
""""""""""""""""""""""
VinCheck
FREE VIN # Search California | Check Any VIN # - It's FREE
California VIN check? (Stolen/Salvage or number of owners)?
==================

I think I would start with some research online about the truck and where all the VINs are stamped. It's possible that the VIN you looked at may have been on a part of the truck that has been replaced and that VINs elsewhere could match your title.

Long shot, I know, but don't miss that possibility.

And how far off is the VIN on the title to the VIN on the truck?

Back