Veterans deserve our respect upon their death.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Texas
Somehow I got involved in this about three years ago.
I've attended the internment of 15 veterans over the past three years.
I can't always attend, but when I can, I participate.
During that time, our little crew has grown in numbers.
When I started attending, I was the sixth member.
I think we're at about 20-24 now, as we don't keep count.
During these tumultuous times, our small group agrees that no veteran should be interred alone.
Well, I've said too much about us, as it's about patriots like Mr. Matteson.
No one claimed his remains, and no patriot should be laid to rest without others to pray over the remains.

-----------------------------------------------

The Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen will conduct an unaccompanied veteran burial for Joseph Matteson, a United States Marine Corps veteran, at 1 p.m. on Thursday. Matteson served in the Marine Corps from February 1974 to January 1978. Lake Shore Funeral Home in Waco has coordinated with the Marine Corps Honor Guard to ensure that he will receive military honors.

The Veterans Land Board, which runs the cemetery, works with the local community and fellow veterans support groups to ensure that no veteran is left behind after they pass away. The Central Texas community is encouraged to attend.

The Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery is located at 11463 State Highway 195 in Killeen.

Unaccompanied veteran to be buried Thursday

Thanks to all the patriots who stepped forward when their country called and to those who volunteered when they perceived our country needed them, but most of all Father God bless the kids who grew up without a mom or dad, the spouses who lost their other half, and the parents who lost a chiId(ren) serving our great nation.

We're fortunate that we only border 2 countries and are far enough away from the most volatile areas on this planet. It's unfortunately easy for today's generations to forget or tune out what they don't want to hear about. Thanks for mentioning this.

Sadly, I just learned of another unaccompanied veteran burial scheduled for this Thursday.

As in the past, I'll attend.

Life is tough enough when you have to go it alone.

No one should be buried without others to there.

The Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen will conduct an unaccompanied veteran burial for Dennis Anderson, a United States Air Force veteran, at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. Anderson served in the Air Force from March 1975 to July 1976. Branford-Dawson Funeral Home in Temple has coordinated with Lackland Air Force Base to ensure that he will receive military honors.

The Veterans Land Board, which runs the cemetery, works with the local community and fellow veterans support groups to ensure that no veteran is left behind after they pass away. The Central Texas community is encouraged to attend.

Unaccompanied veteran to be buried Tuesday

Back