very serious collection situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastusha799

HI...I need help with my situation...:( because I do not know what to do. Here is the situation:

I sold medical equipment to a doctor ...he owes me a lot of money for that equipment. I tried collection agencies, tried calling him ...nothing works...he doesnt want to pay for the equipment period. Can I repossess my equipment without court order or put lien on his property?

Thank you for your help!

Do you have a contract with him entitling you to repossess the equipment? If you do then the terms of the contract will define your remedies. Otherwise you will need to go to court and nail him for his non-payment -- and you should charge him interest, expenses for collection, reasonable attorneys fees, etc. Once you obtain judgment you should place a lien if he doesn't pay up. This is the reason why you want to have a good contract in place whenever you conduct a transaction -- your remedies can be defined in advance and can even state what you can do without having to go to court...

Originally posted by nastusha799
HI...I need help with my situation...:( because I do not know what to do. Here is the situation:

I sold medical equipment to a doctor ...he owes me a lot of money for that equipment. I tried collection agencies, tried calling him ...nothing works...he doesnt want to pay for the equipment period. Can I repossess my equipment without court order or put lien on his property?

Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back