Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Very Important! Please Give Advice! Seriously Not Fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMarie18

Okay, two of my girl friends and I (all 19 years old) were at a friend's house where drinking was occuring. I did not drink AT ALL that night, but ran around the house helping my friend clean up the split alcohol. After awhile I got sick of the scene, so we had a friend come pick us up to take us back to my place for the night. None of us drove to the house, that's why we needed a ride home. My friend came there, and picked us up at 1:45am, then drove us home. As we were driving, a cop passed us going the opposite direction. A second later we see him pull over, turn around, then come flying up behind us as we were pulling on my road. He came up to the car, and told the driver that he had been speeding, which he honest to God was going the speed limit the whole way home, and even under the speed limit as he turned onto my road when the cop pulled us over. He asked for the driver's license and registration, and said that he saw motion (NO ONE MOVED) when he pulled us over, then asked if we had any drugs or guns in the car. We answered no, and then were asked to step out of the car before he even looked at the driver's registration. The driver took the registration and laid it on his cop car as he searched through the car. The cop never even called in the license plate or anything, or viewed his registration. It laid on the car roof the whole time. The cop then told the driver to go back up by his car and questioned us three ladies. We had to blow in his face, and he tried to pressure us into saying that we were drinking. Well my two friends each had one drink, but about 4 hours prior to being pulled over, but they both admitted to that. I never admitted to drinking, because I didn't!! The reason we smelled of alcohol was because I was cleaning it up all night, which I did not tell him that either. I didn't even tell him that we were at a party or anything. I said I saw no underage drinking going on. For all he knew, my two friends drank before we went out. I blew in his face and begged for a breathalyzer test. He told me that breathalyzers were too expensive for every cop to have on him, and that that could not be done. My two friends admitted to having one drink each 4 hours ago, as I begged to have a breathalyzer. He gave us a written underage. Our driver was never questioned about drinking and never even had to show his registration.. and the car was searched! He didn't even say like this smells of alcohol, or like you guys look nervous.. nothing. No reason for searching. After he searched he said that we smelled like alcohol. So then I went home, told my mom and she called the police station and said she was bringing me there to take a breathalyzer because I did NOT drink. The cop said that was not necessary and what was done was done. He also preceeded to tell my mother that we were pulled over because we were speeding, which he wasn't really, and that our driver was treated the same way that us ladies were treated. My mom then asked that if he was going at such a "high rate of speed" why didn't he receive a ticket, and the cop said that the driver was issued a written warning. My driver never had to blow in anyone's face, was not lined up by the cop car as us three ladies were, and did NOT receive a written warning!

I found many things VERY wrong with this situation. Regardless of whether it's an underage situation or not, if I did NOT admit to drinking and BEGGED for a breathalyzer, doesn't one have to be issued? Couldn't he have taken me in his car to the station? Could he really have searched the car without looking at the driver's registration and not calling in his license plate? How is it fair that my driver wasn't treated the same as us, didn't have to blow in anyone's face? The one cop knew him and told the cop that pulled us over that my driver was a good kid. So that gets him out of being questioned about WHY HIS CAR smelled like alcohol? This doesn't make sense to me. The cop himself even told me, don't worry.. you'll get this underage and you can fight it in court. Ok, well I don't want to pay for all this shit and have my name in the paper. Please tell me something is very wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back