Verizon now Frontier

shrinkmaster

Jurisdiction
California
Recently our Verizon (FIOS) TV, Internet and phone is being taken over by Frontier. This is happening in two other states as well but others remain Verizon. Recently (in effort to avoid higher bill) I renewed my contract with Verizon. So my question is, is my contract with Verizon still valid? Can Verizon transfer it to Frontier without my ok? I'm asking because I feel they cannot so I could jump to another provider without HUGE penalty for leaving prior to contract end.

I've had a similar thing happen in the past and when the take over was about to occur I received a letter stating that if I wished to act within X amount of days I could forgo the new account, get out of the existing contract and would not be subject to any penalties if I chose that route. Reason being my agreement was with the prior company and not the new company so I owed the new company nothing in regards to the existing contract terms.

This happened twice; once with a cellular carrier and once with a satellite company. Maybe you'll be offered the same.

Recently our Verizon (FIOS) TV, Internet and phone is being taken over by Frontier. This is happening in two other states as well but others remain Verizon. Recently (in effort to avoid higher bill) I renewed my contract with Verizon. So my question is, is my contract with Verizon still valid? Can Verizon transfer it to Frontier without my ok? I'm asking because I feel they cannot so I could jump to another provider without HUGE penalty for leaving prior to contract end.

In these takeovers, mergers, or buy outs, the buyer is required to honor your existing contract.
That, however, isn't required into perpetuity.
The requirement to maintain the status quo is likely time limited.
I suggest you write or call Verizon, Frontier, or both and seek a clarification.

Your other option is to contact the local regulatory agency or authority.
That could be the state, county, or municipality, or all of the aforementioned.

Back