Roomate Verbally abusive Roomate

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderCloud

3 months ago, I moved into an apartment and signed onto the lease with one of my friends, because the place is big, we had three other people move in to help us with rent. None of them is on the lease. One of my housemates is verbally abusive to me. She is constantly threatening to throw my stuff away, and to follow her rules or else. She has recently threatened that if I get in the way she will punch me in the stomach. I am tired of this harassment, she has woken me up at 2 in their bing before and yelle in my face, she throws things around and slams doors. Because she is not on the lease, can I talk to my landlord about kicking her out? She is a huge problem, and I am forced to be here the next year.

3 months ago, I moved into an apartment and signed onto the lease with one of my friends, because the place is big, we had three other people move in to help us with rent. None of them is on the lease. One of my housemates is verbally abusive to me. She is constantly threatening to throw my stuff away, and to follow her rules or else. She has recently threatened that if I get in the way she will punch me in the stomach. I am tired of this harassment, she has woken me up at 2 in their bing before and yelle in my face, she throws things around and slams doors. Because she is not on the lease, can I talk to my landlord about kicking her out? She is a huge problem, and I am forced to be here the next year.

You have created a mess.

First of all, let's call her Bullyrina.

Bullyrina may not be on any lease, but the only legal way to get her out is to evict her.

The issue is, WHO is responsible for evicting her?

As Bullyrina and her pals are in the unit, BUT NOT on the lease, their presence could get YOU and others on the lease evicted.

How?

You sublet without the landlord's WRITTEN authorization, or maybe SUBLETTING is not allwoed.

Either way, I suggest those ont he lease meet with the landlord to discuss yoru options.

Depending on what the landlord says, you either file for Bullyrina's eviction, the landlord files for Bullyrina's eviction (possibly her pals, too).

Or, the landlord decides to EVICT the lot of you.

First, you need to discuss it with him, and find out his official positon then proceed.

Last edited:
It's too late now but it's not such a good idea to have people move in with you that you don't know much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back