Consumer Law, Warranties Verbal Phone Agreement w. Solicitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

countysmoke

Approximately one month ago a representative of a 'yellow pages' listing service called and asked if they could update my information. I agreed. At the end of conversation the rep. stated that this listing would cost $265. "Whatever" I said and hung-up, thinking they would send me a bill but I wasn't really interested anyway.

Today I get a phone call for same company asking where their payment is. I said I never agreed to pay and I'm not interested in their service to which she replied, you pay or we take you and your company to collections, we have a recording stating you agree to pay us.

Am I bound to pay them?

Thx,

countysmoke said:
Approximately one month ago a representative of a 'yellow pages' listing service called and asked if they could update my information. I agreed. At the end of conversation the rep. stated that this listing would cost $265. "Whatever" I said and hung-up, thinking they would send me a bill but I wasn't really interested anyway.

Today I get a phone call for same company asking where their payment is. I said I never agreed to pay and I'm not interested in their service to which she replied, you pay or we take you and your company to collections, we have a recording stating you agree to pay us.

Am I bound to pay them?
Evidently you had a prior agreement with this company. What were the terms? Were you listed prior? If you agreed and knew they would list you then I would argue that you would have to pay, at least from my perspective and based upon your conversation. "Whatever" is probably not the word you may have used -- at least that is what my gut feeling is telling me. You may have said "yeah... uhuh..." but should have simply said no... why didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back