1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Verbal agreement to buy owner financed, made mortgage pymts-owner filed bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Foreclosure, Repossession, Auctions, Short Sales' started by 1cameron, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1cameron

1cameron Law Topic Starter New Member

I had a verbal agreement to buy (owner financed) the house I was renting and made the mortgage payments on-line for 6 months. Then the owner filed bankruptcy. The house went into foreclosure and was sold at auction to Fannie Mae. I am still living here and was just given a notice to vacate. Do I have any rights to the house since I assumed the mortgage payments?

2. USLoanAuditors

USLoanAuditors New Member

Mortgage transactions need to be put in to contract and notarized. You were paying the mortgage with your rent for as long as you were renting. If you paided it directly it sounds as if you were managing the mortgage. Verbal agreements are hard to fight in court.

Was there an lease agreement? If so you could fight it in court.

Kenny

US Loan Auditors

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. jharris352

jharris352 New Member

No, you have no title interest to the house.