Verbal Agreement-quit Claim, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgarcia

My buddy and I purchased a Condo as an investment. We do not have a written contract or a partnership agreement with respect to the property. my buddy, several years ago Quit Deed the property to me because he was dying of Cancer and has since passed with out a Will. Othe than his initial investment, I have paid the property taxex and maintainace all these years on the Condo in my name only.

Now his sibblings are trying to force me to sell the Condo for their share of the property. I am trying to do the right thing and offered to give them $50,000, which they have refused and are basing their refusal on the value of the property at the time he died. Note: the value has gone down and want more for which I have refused and want to take me to court.

My questios are as follows:

1. Is verbal agreement we had enforceable in Califiornia in respect to the condo, partnership.

2. Since he quit deed the property to me he technically has no property as part of his estate to sell or own.

William

The property is yours. Without knowing the situation, 50,000 seems reasonable. They could try to have the deed set aside for lack of consideration but it may be past the statute of limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back