Verbal agreement...need to know, can it be honored in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvgw5

I sold my old bedroom set, to a friend for $350. There was no contract only a verbal agreement. Now she will not answer my phone calls and I can't get a hold of her. She has the furniture but I did not receive my money. I have a poster that I put up in the supermarket and I also posted an ad in the pennysaver for some of the furniture prior to her agreeing to take it. If I can get a hold of the ads in the pennysaver can this help me, or will it be a waste of time. I know that her husband used one of his cargo vans to pick up the furniture, I have that date written down in my book. I helped her drop off and pick up her children from camp at no cost for the summer, then she just vanished without a call. I do have her address, also her mother-in-law is a former co-worker of mine. What should I do?

Verbal agreements may hold up in court. What would be her defense that it wa a gift? This is where your posters and Pennysaver Ad would definately be of help in your case to prove yopur intent to sell it and even your date book (Does it have a notation So and so to pick up furniture). Send her a certified return receipt letter asking for payment. Outline your verbal agreement in the letter with dates and times and what was discussed. Do you have any emails you sent? Any that she replied to? If yes, print them and take to court. Any witnesses? Take the person(s) to court with you.

Thank you, I will do that, is it wise to contact my former co-worker her mother-in-law and see what she has to say or do not involve her.

I wouldn't involve her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back