verbal aggrements

Status
Not open for further replies.

parystyle

my husband and I decided to buy a house. the house we chose was furnished and hadn't been lived in for a few years. the seller lives in colorado and had a person who lives two hours from the property taking care of the paperwork. the closing was scheduled for the 25th of FEB. 2005. on the 18th of the same month while in the finance office i contacted the realtor for the seller and made an offer for all the contents within the house and the burden of cleaning up the house and the surrounding area. the offer was verbally agreed upon but I was informed that personal items in the matser bedroom closet, a broken tv and a card catalog will be removed. I agreed and that was that. I wrote a check out for that day in the amount of $1000.00 dollars for him to recieve that weekend and cash. the day of closing, when we went to the house to move in I noticed all the pictures and glass items had been removed. At first i didn't fuss because I thought hey i got a good deal but as time went by i felt like I got shafted. the following weekend the man that lives 2 hours away came by to pick up x-mas decorations from the garage and I asked him why the seller took the pictures and other items. he said he didn't know. another week went by and i was still upset and called the realtor for the seller and asked him the same question he pretty much gave me the brush. I called the bank and stopped payment on the check. Now the seller is upset and said that there was a misunderstanding and that the pictures were not part of the deal and that if I don't think I got a deal, than he can come and collect all the items that were left in the house.

If he can't come down on the price than he can come get all the stuff but I think he should also clean up all the stuff that would have been done prior to closing! there is debris all throughout the yard... I know I got a good deal but he did too. I just don't know what my grounds are and if he is wrong. any advice is greatful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back