Consumer Fraud Vehicle sell via Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I Place an ad on a flyer and over the internet to sell my truck.
Somebody replied saying that his client is interested and is going to send a check to me for a sum exceeding the amount that i'm asking.
He sent the check but he's asking me to reimburse asap some of the amount(about $ 6000 )for the agents to be able to take care of shipping etc.
My question is: Should I cash the check for an amount (about 6000 dollars more)greater than the price without consequences?
I suspect that the check (acct number is from Jacksonville but mailed from Spain)is going to bounce anyway.
Thank You!

Last edited:
My question is: Should I cash the check for an amount (about 6000 dollars more)greater than the price without consequences?

Have your bank verify the check before depositing, you could
be left hanging was a very large negative balance

Sounds like a scam indeed

PJ is right. This is a complete scam. I've been brought these before, numerous times involving shipping the auto elsewhere (UK in my experience) and soon afterwards finding out that your check isn't good. It's designed to hit the greed factor, make people think they always have "security" with the extra amount when, in fact, they have nothing. We involved the FBI to stop the fraud in the cases I was brought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back