Vehicle Sale Problem to Small Claims Court or Waste of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhoch

We purchased a vehicle for 2,700.00 in July 2013 when we purchased the vehicle the seller stated we did not need him to be present to transfer the title. So he signed the back of the title and then put it in the envelope and handed it to us. He stated all we needed was the bill of sale and the seller signing over the title to us. He stated additionally if we had any problems to contact him and then he would meet us. Upon leaving and trying to transfer the title, first we found out that the title was not a clear title it was a reconditioned title (which was our stupid fault for not looking at the front side of the title) we just acknowledged that was our own stupidity. We then went to the title transfer place and they said he had to be present and we contacted him and he agreed to meet with us the following week.

When we went to contact him the following week his number was disconnected. A month later we found his contact information on Facebook and through Intelliquest which we paid for. We have then began a 6 month journey of contacting him repeatedly and every time it has been a nightmare as I have repeatedly taken off of work to meet the seller and he has never shows up. We cannot drive the vehicle as it is not legal and it has been sitting in our garage for over 6 months. We still contact him and he still currently says he will meet us but he keeps putting it off.

We have text messages, Facebook messages and voice messages etc. Is this something that we can file with small claims court and is it worth filing? Meaning he shows up and the judge orders him to transfer the title. We have documentation, bill of sale and title in hand as well as all the messages of him for months stating he will meet us etc.

I live in Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh. Thank you in advance!

Can't you see what happened? He screwed you. You were careless. If you hadn't paid him, until he accompanied you to sign the title ver, you'd be better off.

You bought a $2,500 bucket of bolts. Even with a good title, it'd still be a rusty bucket of junk.

This is why I don't buy used cars, but if I did, I'd buy them from a dealer.

You can sue him, but even if you prevail, try collecting.

The court won't give you money, just a pretty, official looking IOU.

Time to let this go, you've helped him screw you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back